Natsudrive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story Election

+3
TheTenk
Skull
Cidthulhu
7 posters

Go down

Story Election Empty Story Election

Post  Cidthulhu Sat May 08, 2010 1:23 pm

This thread is designed to decide which ideas from the Story Pitches thread and vote on which ones sound the most interesting. Each post following this introduction post should have a list of the pitches that are currently displayed in the thread, next to each item on the list will be a number (starting at 0 and increasing) for each time someone has voted for that story. Each poster takes the list from the above poster, and increases the votes of the stories they like by one, then copy the result in their post for the next person to add on to. You can only vote once, for as many story pitches as you like. Please keep this civil.

If that made no sense, here is an example.

Stories

Slice of Life 1
Horror 1
Sport 0

In this example, I voted for both the Slice of Life and the Horror, the next post would look like so...

Stories

Slice of Life 1
Horror 2
Sport 1

The second poster voted for both Horror and Sport, and increased the number by 1, and did not vote for slice of life, which had no change.

Once there are a decent amount of votes, it should be easy to see which ideas are generally unpopular, and then make a plan of action from there.

One final rule, this thread should be used for voting exclusively, discussion about the projects should be taken elsewhere.

Obviously, not everyone likes the same thing. So don't get offended if your story doesn't receive many votes. Just think of something new, and then pitch it.
Cidthulhu
Cidthulhu

Back to top Go down

Story Election Empty The List

Post  Cidthulhu Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Thatguy: K-On! minus music plus manga. 2
Cidthulhu: Otaku Mystery. 3
Air Pig: Wildcat Steampunk. 4
Choose your own adventure 1
Birth 1
Nappa: Golden Fool 1
Trinton City 4
Perian: Robot Detective 4
Shojocore: Split Perspective 3
Lonely Man Adventures 4
Lukalade: Parallel Worlds 3
AniMOE and ManGAR: /a/ memes 2
Kuchinashi: Gynoid 2
Metoma: Seinen world gets fucked 4
Collective: Mecha 3

Last edited by Cidthulhu on Wed May 12, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making this big list)
Cidthulhu
Cidthulhu

Back to top Go down

Story Election Empty Re: Story Election

Post  Skull Sat May 08, 2010 1:50 pm

so what with the storys that are not in the Story Pitches thread right now? Does everyone have to revote when there are a few new storys?
Skull
Skull

Back to top Go down

Post  Cidthulhu Sat May 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Skull wrote:so what with the storys that are not in the Story Pitches thread right now? Does everyone have to revote when there are a few new storys?

Just make a new post when one shows up. Look through the thread to see if anyone already voted on it, then continue the voting.
Cidthulhu
Cidthulhu

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTenk Sat May 08, 2010 2:09 pm

I really do not see the point of this thread. Any ideas that people don't like will not be given attention either way, and even if lots of people like an idea it won't happen if writers and drawfags don't. This seems mostly like a way to stroke ones ego by checking votes, and do we need that?
TheTenk
TheTenk

http://tenkyougan.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cidthulhu Sat May 08, 2010 2:20 pm

TheTenk wrote:I really do not see the point of this thread. Any ideas that people don't like will not be given attention either way, and even if lots of people like an idea it won't happen if writers and drawfags don't. This seems mostly like a way to stroke ones ego by checking votes, and do we need that?

We're throwing ideas around, but no one is actually deciding on what is going to be made since we don't have much of a chain of command for someone to make that decision. This is my impromptu solution to that. My idea was that if a few ideas have a clear lead over the other ones, then that would be one to be worked and expanded on. As for stroking ego, I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but now that you've mentioned it seems almost inevitable.

Still, the point of it all was to travel from the "Make ideas" step, to the "Choose ideas" step. Just trying to keep the project in motion.

*edit: I just noticed I never actually mentioned that point in the OP. That's my bad.
Cidthulhu
Cidthulhu

Back to top Go down

Post  Metoma Sat May 08, 2010 4:15 pm

What we start working on first really depends on how many drawfags we have, and what they want to work on. We should probably start small, like 3-4 stories. Once we agree on which to go with, branch off into different threads. Also, have we tried recruiting more people on /a/ after the original post? I haven't seen any threads since then, but I may have missed them.

Anyway, I'm voting for the ideas that I think I could contribute to.

Thatguy: K-On! minus music plus manga. 0
Cidthulhu: Otaku Mystery. 1
Air Pig: Wildcat Steampunk. 1
Choose your own adventure 0
Birth 0
Nappa: Golden Fool 0
Trinton City 1
Perian: Robot Detective 1
Shojocore: Split Perspective 1
Lonely Man Adventures 1
Lukalade: Parallel Worlds 1
AniMOE and ManGAR: /a/ memes 0
Kuchinashi: Gynoid 0
Metoma: Seinen world gets fucked 1
Collective: Mecha 1

Last edited by Metoma on Sun May 09, 2010 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Metoma
Metoma

Back to top Go down

Post  AirPig Sun May 09, 2010 12:15 am

Like this?
If we're starting small, perhaps there should be a limit to the number of concepts you can vote on.
My votes have been added in glorious orange

Thatguy: K-On! minus music plus manga. 1
Cidthulhu: Otaku Mystery. 2
Air Pig: Wildcat Steampunk. 3
Choose your own adventure 0
Birth 0
Nappa: Golden Fool 0
Trinton City 3
Perian: Robot Detective 3
Shojocore: Split Perspective 2
Lonely Man Adventures 3
Lukalade: Parallel Worlds 2
AniMOE and ManGAR: /a/ memes 1
Kuchinashi: Gynoid 1
Metoma: Seinen world gets fucked 3
Collective: Mecha 2
AirPig
AirPig

Back to top Go down

Post  Shojocore Sun May 09, 2010 3:44 am

Wouldn't it make more sense to just keep editing the list at the top of the thread, and everyone just mention their votes instead of reposting the list each time?
Shojocore
Shojocore

Back to top Go down

Post  AirPig Sun May 09, 2010 3:53 am

Shojocore wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to just keep editing the list at the top of the thread, and everyone just mention their votes instead of reposting the list each time?

Logic? Bah! Humbug!
AirPig
AirPig

Back to top Go down

Post  Cidthulhu Sun May 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Shojocore wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to just keep editing the list at the top of the thread, and everyone just mention their votes instead of reposting the list each time?

Let's go with that.
Cidthulhu
Cidthulhu

Back to top Go down

Post  kuchinashi Tue May 11, 2010 4:47 pm

I vote for EVERYONE. ;_;
kuchinashi
kuchinashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content